Blog

Feb 18
Why you shouldnt leave your charger switched on at home.

​Please watch this video

Leaving your pet at home and leaving electrical chargers switch on can be dangerouse.

60000 people lost pets that died in electrical fires!!

http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/pets-home-alone-video/

Feb 12
Safety in the Bathroom

Water carries electricity efficiently. But, if the two mix, the result can be deadly. So, the bathroom is possibly the most dangerous room in the house when it comes to electrical safety. The consequences of an electric shock are far more severe in a bathroom or shower room as wet skin reduces the body's resistance.

There are special requirements for electrical installations in bathrooms as most electrical work must comply with Part P of the Building Regulations.

Always use an electrician registered with one of the government-approved schemes to carry out any electrical installation work that you need.

Some advice will help you to stay safe.

Sockets

Sockets are not allowed in bathrooms or shower rooms (apart from shaver-supply units) unless they can be fitted at least three metres from the bath or shower.

Electrical shaver points must be a safe distance (in meters) from the bath or shower to avoid splashes

Lights

Enclosed ceiling lights are preferable to the ones that hang down.

All light fittings, that are not enclosed, should be out of reach of someone using, or still wet from using, the bath or shower.

Everyday light switches are a danger because of dampness and wet hands. A ceiling-mounted pull-cord switch is the safest option.

Heaters and towel rails

Central heating is the safest way to keep a bathroom warm. But if you do have an electric heater, it must be fixed at a safe distance from the bath or shower.

Electric and gas water heaters in a bathroom must be fixed and permanently wired, unless they are powered by a socket fitted three metres from a bath or shower.

A pull-cord or switch outside the bathroom is the ideal way to control electric heaters.

Showers

An electric shower must be supplied on its own circuit directly from your fuse box.

Portable electrical appliances

Never bring mains-powered portable appliances such as hairdryers, heaters or radios into a bathroom. You could be severely injured or killed.

Jan 07
Safer Electrics for your Home and Business
We are a Local Family run Business and are proud Members of the NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme. This means that we are able to give you our best personal service and that we are regularly assessed to check that our competence is to the highest standards.
Sep 14
Welcome to my blog!

This is where I'll be sharing my thoughts on topics that matter to me. Who knows... I might even share pictures, videos and links to other interesting stuff.

If I catch your interest, let me hear from you.